5.16.2010

Batty Update



It's past time for a Batty update.  Here's what things looked like two weeks ago.


Today, things are still scabby, but continuing to heal.  Batty's new feathers are coming in, she's eating like a pig, and even though I haven't weighed her, it feels like she is packing on the pounds.  It is taking longer than I thought it would for the wound to heal, but there haven't been any setbacks, so I'm not going to complain. 


Today we hit a big milestone, Batty's first post-dogbite egg:




And after spending a few hours in the yard with her sisters today she didn't want to come back inside, not even for her nightly treat of sliced fresh strawberries.  Even though I'm not supposed to let her stay in the coop until the scab is gone, I decided to allow the slumber party.  I think Batty's fed up with being my patient and wants to just be a chicken again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment