1.08.2010

School Starts Early

Every morning on the way to school, Isaac asks, "Are we late today?"  Although seemingly a simple yes or no question, we've actually developed quite a few alternate response options.  Technically, Isaac is supposed to be dropped off between 8:10 and 8:20.  At least once a week, he is dropped off between 8:25 and 8:30 and I am forced to admit, "I'm sorry, but yes we are late."  Most of the time he arrives between 8:20 and 8:25, so I say, "Well, not really."  Occasionally we roll in at 8:20 on the dot and, quite justifiably, I insist, "Absolutely NOT late."  A time or two we have gotten there between 8:10 and 8:20, but this happens so rarely that I actually brand our arrival, "Early!"  As a consequence, I'm not really sure Isaac has any idea at all as to what being on time means.  Sigh. 

Here's Isaac on the morning ride:
Are we late today?


Here I am, considering my answer:


 

The good news is we always get there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment